Axa Coachlike Manager Program
AXA Group is one of the biggest multinational insurance firms in the world, operating in 57 countries. AXA engages in global insurance, investment management, and other financial services.
Goals and Challenges
AXA was aiming to build a strong coaching culture within the organisation, which would:
- Facilitate a supportive leadership model
- Create an ecosystem of learning and initiative-taking
- Increase accountability and engagement of employees in every role.
However, work towards achieving a significant cultural change across the organisation brought some challenges due to the prevalence of traditional leadership approaches. Therefore:
- The conventional leadership mindset needed to be shifted from the “quick-fix” or “shortcut” solutions approach to a coach-like approach.
- A sustainable coaching culture should have been implemented to the overall organisation- not only be available to C-suite management.
Before implementing the required cultural and behavioural change within the organisation on a global scale, AXA Turkey* was chosen to be the pilot subsidiary for this project.
*As one of the leading insurance companies in Turkey, AXA Turkey (AXA SİGORTA) is a part of the AXA global group of companies.
The Unexpected Challenge: COVID-19
With the COVID-19 pandemic, AXA Turkey switched to remote working. On top of the existing challenges, managers who were accustomed to directing their teams by giving daily instructions started experiencing difficulties such as not being able to make immediate interventions remotely. A change of culture suddenly became a “pressing issue”, a need that had to be implemented “right away” with this new work order.
Download our case study to see how we managed to adapt and reorganise the SparkUs program seamlessly amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and how AXA Turkey achieved to build an ecosystem of learning and initiative-taking through a qualitative mindset change.